Part 2 of 2
Financial risk management has long been available only to institutional investors who pay a fortune to acquire it. Rick Bookstaber who has been a chief risk officer at many leading financial institutions is bringing his approach and knowledge to individual investors through his new consulting firm Fabric and is sharing it with WEALTHTRACK viewers.
Also, Watch Part 1: SUBSTANTIAL NEW RISKS FACING THE MARKETS TODAY
WEALTHTRACK Episode #1813 broadcast on September 24, 2021
Listen to the audio-only version here:
Explore This Episode
We have compiled additional information and content related to this episode.
- Former Chief Risk Officer, University of California’s Pension & Endowment Portfolios,
- Founder & Chief Risk Officer,
DO A PERIODIC RISK ASSESSMENT OF YOUR FINANCIAL SITUATION
- Review Your Financial Goals
- How Well Does Your Portfolio Match Them?
- How Concentrated Are Your Holdings?
- (For Example: 10 Stocks, Including Faangs = 25% of S+p 500 Market Cap)
- How Leveraged Are You?
- Too Much Debt Can Lead to Forced Selling in a Market Downturn
- Do You Have Enough Savings to See You Through a Bear Market?
UNDERSTAND YOUR PORTFOLIO’S RISKS
Review your holdings on a factor basis
- Technology vs. Basic materials
- U.S. vs. Emerging markets
- Value vs. Growth
- High cap vs. Low cap
Richard Bookstaber from the WEALTHTRACK Archives:
Financial risk management expert Rick Bookstaber has earned a black belt in Brazilian jiu jitsu, a sport he is passionate about for both its athletic and cerebral qualities.