As the Dow and S&P 500 hit new records this week, there is much to contemplate and for the markets to digest in the final weeks of 2019. Time to consult Jason Trennert of Strategas Research Partners, a financial thought leader who has the scope to put it all together and tell us what it means.
WEALTHTRACK Episode #1620; Originally Broadcast on November 15, 2019
Listen to the audio only version here:
Explore This Episode
We have compiled additional information and content related to this episode.
- Co-Founder, Chief Investment Strategist,
- Strategas Research Partners
As the Dow and S&P 500 hit new records this week, there is much to contemplate and for the markets to digest in the final weeks of 2019:
– A U.S. economy that keeps on muddling through, setting new records for longevity as it goes, powered by low unemployment and consumer spending
– A record-breaking bull market, 10-plus years and counting, that keeps advancing despite some serious reversals
– An accommodative Federal Reserve that has cut interest rates three times in the last year but appears to be on hold for now
– On-again, off-again trade talks between the U.S. and China which affect businesses and investors
– A daily drumbeat of impeachment reports keeping news junkies and the Washington press corps in overdrive
– A near trillion-dollar federal budget deficit, the highest in seven years, with no signs of shrinking
– On-again, off-again BREXIT developments
– Increasingly violent Hong Kong protests
– A slowdown in China’s economic growth yet the biggest “singles day” sale by Alibaba on November 11th – $38.3 billion, up 26% from 2018 – showing the spending power of the Chinese consumer
– Political upheavals around the globe – in Bolivia and Chile to name just two – and spreading violence in Mexico
Time to consult a financial thought leader who has the scope to put it all together and tell us what it means.
I asked Jason Trennert, Co-Founder, Managing Partner and Chief Investment Strategist of Strategas Research Partners to join us. For the third year in a row Strategas has been voted a top macro research provider with five ranked analysts in Institutional Investor’s annual survey. It also provides asset management in separate accounts for institutions and high-net-worth individuals.
If you are unable to join us for the show on television, you can watch it on our website over the weekend. In this week’s EXTRA feature on our website, Jason Trennert recommends an autobiography by one of his financial heroes.
Thank you so much for spending your precious time with us. Have a super weekend and make the week ahead a profitable and a productive one.
PAY ATTENTION TO POLICY, NOT POLITICS
Political drama doesn’t determine:
- financial plan
- portfolio direction
- business climate
Policy can determine:
- Interest rates
- Rules and regulations
REGIONAL BANKS BENEFIT
No stock mentions in this episode.[/tab]
This transcript will be available soon. More information regarding WEALTHTRACK transcripts can be found here
[tab]Jason Trennert from the WEALTHTRACK archives:
GREAT ECONOMIC HERO
Jason Trennert, a student of Wall Street, Main Street and Washington has seen it all from his perch as an influential investment strategist and head of a leading macro research firm. Always on the look-out for inspiring leaders, he has one to share with us.