Talk about a seismic shift! Inflation is back with a vengeance. Higher prices are being felt throughout the economy by consumers and businesses alike.
The Consumer Price Index, the most widely followed measure of price moves at the retail level, has just experienced its biggest year-over-year increase since the early 1990s.
Are these price increases transitory as the Federal Reserve would lead us to believe or are we in a new era of higher prices not seen since the late 1970s?
This week’s guest penned an editorial in The Wall Street Journal recently asking the question: “Does the Fed Have the Will to Fight Inflation?”
He is Financial Thought Leader Jason De Sena Trennert, Co-Founder, Chairman, CEO, and Chief Investment Strategist of Strategas Research Partners,
Trennert will address the investment and strategy implications of higher inflation.
WEALTHTRACK Episode #1817 broadcast on October 22, 2021
Listen to the audio-only version here:
Explore This Episode
We have compiled additional information and content related to this episode.
JASON DE SENA TRENNERT
- Co-Founder, Chairman, CEO & Chief Investment Strategist
OWN SOME HEDGES AGAINST INFLATION
TRENNERT INVESTMENT: ENERGY SELECT SECTOR SPDR® ETF (XLE)
- 5 star Morningstar rating
- Tracks S&P 500 energy sector
- Largest % holdings:
- Exxon Mobil 24%
- Chevron 20%
- Owns other major oil, gas and oil service companies
JAMES GRANT SUGGESTION: THE HORIZON KINETICS INFLATION BENEFICIARIES ETF (INFL)
- Launched 1/11/21
- Actively managed ETF
- Goal: “long-term growth of capital in real (inflation-adjusted) terms”
- Invests in domestic and foreign stocks expected to benefit from rising prices of real assets, physical properties such as commodities
Buy Albemarle Corporation (ALB)
- Albemarle Corporation (ALB)
- Energy Select Sector SPDR® ETF (XLE)
- iShares GSCI Cmd Dyn Roll Stgy ETF (COMT)
Jason Trennert from the WEALTHTRACK Archives:
PAPAYA KING ECONOMICS
Economist and investment strategist Jason Trennert explains why he has always taken to the streets to find out what is really going on in the economy.