Part 2 of 2
James Grant, Founder and Editor of Grant’s Interest Rate Observer, joins us to discuss the history of bond market cycles and why the dramatic rise in interest rates that began in March of last year might have ushered in a prolonged bear market in bonds.
Grant shares his insights on a wide range of financial topics, including the deleterious effects of the Fed’s decade-long suppression of interest rates, the losses racking up at Federal Reserve Banks, and the prolonged underperformance of value versus growth stocks. He also offers warnings about speculation in currently popular investments, including equity options that expire in 24-hours and private credit.
After 40 years of talking to top professional money managers, Grant reveals the one trait successful long-term investors have in common, providing valuable insights for navigating the ever-changing financial landscape.
WEALTHTRACK Episode #2021 broadcast on November 17, 2023
Listen to the audio-only version here:
Explore This Episode
We have compiled additional information and content related to this episode.
- Founder & Editor, Grant’s Interest Rate Observer
- Award-Winning Financial Journalist & Historian
READ JIM GRANT’S WRITINGS WHENEVER AND WHEREVER YOU CAN
- Grant’s Interest Rate Observer: a must-read for professional investors
- Grant is the author of editorials, articles, and nine books, including award-winning biographies and financial.
INSURANCE POLICY: OWN SOME GOLD
- 4.2% annualized returns for 40 years
- Financial insurance policy
- Counterweight to monetary policies
FROM THE ARCHIVES
James Grant from the WEALTHTRACK Archives…
Forty years of Grant’s Interest Rate Observer, nine books, countless editorials, articles, and speeches. How does Jim Grant do it?