Part 2 of 2
How to streamline your retirement planning by decluttering and consolidating accounts with Morningstar’s retirement guru, Christine Benz.WEALTHTRACK Episode #2032 broadcast on Feburary 09, 2024
Listen to the audio-only version here:
SAFE RETIREMENT WITHDRAWAL STRATEGIES
In the spirit of streamlining your investment decisions, Christine Benz is sharing her minimalist model portfolios with us, covering every stage of investor, from young savers to retirees.
Read Now. (Morningstar.com)
Explore This Episode
We have compiled additional information and content related to this episode.
- Director of Personal Finance and Retirement Planning, Morningstar
STREAMLINE YOUR PORTFOLIO
- Identify & locate your accounts – most of us have multiple ones.
- Separate tax-deferred accounts from taxable ones
- If possible, consolidate tax-deferred ones into a single IRA.
- Multiple Roth IRAs can be combined into one large Roth.
- Consolidate taxable accounts
- If possible, put consolidated accounts in one firm to make tracking performance, income & taxes much easier.
BENZ: ONE-AND-DONE INTERNATIONAL PORTFOLIO
Buy Vanguard Total International Stock Index Fund
- Vanguard Total International Stock ETF (VXUS)
- Vanguard Total International Stock mutual fund (VTIAX)
FROM THE ARCHIVE
Christine Benz from the WEALTHTRACK Archives:
Christine Benz is not big on New Year’s resolutions, but this year, she changed her mind with a twist. She chose one word.