Income and quality should always matter, but it’s markets like these when those characteristics really count.
Historically, since 1930, dividends have contributed about 40% of the S&P 500’s total return. Their input has varied widely from decade to decade, however. According to a recent Insights Report from the Hartford Funds, dividends played a large role in terms of their contribution to total returns.
What sort of a role will dividends play now?
We have a new guest on WEALTHTRACK with a long and distinguished track record of investing in high-quality, dividend-paying stocks. She is Clare Hart, who Morningstar calls “one of the industry’s most impressive managers.”
Hart has been the Lead Portfolio Manager of two highly-rated funds since 2004.
Hart will discuss the benefits of focusing on quality and dividends, particularly in a difficult market environment.WEALTHTRACK Episode #1918 broadcast on October 28, 2022
Listen to the audio-only version here:
Explore This Episode
We have compiled additional information and content related to this episode.
- Lead Portfolio Manager, JPMorgan Equity Income Fund
- Lead Portfolio Manager, JPMorgan U.S. Value Fund
CONSIDER ADDING A DIVIDEND GROWTH ETF TO YOUR PORTFOLIO
Dividend Aristocrats: S&P 500 companies that have raised dividends for 25 consecutive years or more
ETFS OF COMPANIES WITH LONG HISTORIES OF RAISING DIVIDENDS
- 25 YEARS OR MORE:
- Proshares S&P 500 Dividend Aristocrats ETF (NOBL)
- Tracks S&P 500 Dividend Aristocrats
- 5-star Bronze, Morningstar
- 20 YEARS OR MORE:
- SPDR S&P Dividend ETF (SDY)
- Companies are chosen from S&P 1500 Index
- 5-star Silver, Morningstar
- excellent track record and more attractive risk/reward profile than Russell 1000 Value Index
- 10 YEARS OR MORE:
- Vanguard Dividend Appreciation ETF (VIG)
- Tracks S&P U.S. Dividend Growers Index
- 4-star Gold, Morningstar
HIGHLY PROFITABLE AIR
Buy Air Products & Chemicals, Inc. (APD)
EOG Resources Inc. (EOG)
Exxon Mobil Corp. (XOM)
Bank of America Corp. (BAC)
Wells Fargo & Co. (WFC)
UnitedHealth Group Inc (UNH)
Bristol-Myers Squibb Co. (BMY)
Johnson & Johnson (JNJ)
CVS Health Corp. (CVS)
Pfizer Inc. (PFE)
Clare Hart has been the lead portfolio manager of two top-rated mutual funds since 2004. How has she managed the high-pressure pace? She looks to her family to recharge.