- Ketterer: International Value
This page is here for technical reasons. Please click here for the episode page.
- KETTERER: ELECTION INVESTMENT IMPACT?
ELECTION INVESTMENT IMPACT?
In the lead up to the U.S. presidential elections we have been asking all of our guests for their perspectives on the potential investment impact. Highly regarded global value investor Sarah Ketterer is focusing more on overseas elections than what is happening in America.
- CONSIDER SOME PREFERRED STOCKS FOR YOUR PORTFOLIO
CONSIDER SOME PREFERRED STOCKS FOR YOUR PORTFOLIO
- A kind of hybrid security, sits between bonds and stocks in company’s capitalization structure
- Junior to bonds, but senior to common stocks in claims on assets
- Currently yield more than investment grade bond equivalents
- Bond interest is taxed at regular personal income tax rate
- Most preferred stock dividends taxed at lower long-term capital gains rate
Burt Malkiel’s: “The ‘Preferred’ Path to Higher Returns”