- Royce: Small Company Value
This page is here for technical reasons. Please click here for the episode page.
- BE AWARE OF THE MARKET RISK IN INDEX FUNDS
BE AWARE OF THE MARKET RISK IN INDEX FUNDS
BASIC INDEX FUNDS’ ADVANTAGES
- Broad, unfiltered & unhedged exposure to market
- Low fees and tax consequences
BASIC INDEX FUNDS’ DISADVANTAGES:
- Exposure to all companies in index: good & bad, expensive and cheap, profitable & unprofitable
- ROYCE: MANAGING MONEY FOCUS
MANAGING MONEY FOCUS
Half a century ago Chuck Royce identified small company stocks as a distinct asset class full of attractive investment opportunities. Starting with his flagship Royce Pennsylvania Mutual fund in 1972 he built a pioneering, small-cap oriented investment management firm, Royce & Associates which now has 18 micro, small and mid-cap focused mutual funds, several of them run by Royce himself. The firm recently announced its founder would retire from the day to day management duties as CEO and focus solely on managing money.