Two retirement income specialists, Professor Jamie Hopkins and Financial Advisor, Steven Earhart show us how to create our own paycheck in retirement.
WEALTHTRACK Episode #1341; Originally Broadcast on March 31, 2017
Listen to the audio only version here:
Explore This Episode
We have compiled additional information and content related to this episode. Select a tab from the box below for more.
- Guest Info
- Action Point
- One Investment
- Stock Mentions
- Video Archive
- Web Extra
- Associate Professor,
- The American College of Financial Services
DEVELOP AN ALTERNATIVE RETIREMENT INCOME SOURCE
- Can tap during market declines
- Avoid drawing down investment portfolio
- Set up home equity line of credit
- Establish reverse mortgage line of credit
- Set up when conditions are favorable
- Can use when they are not
No Bookshelf titles this week.
EARHART: GUARANTEED INCOME
- Create a guaranteed income stream to cover fixed expenses
- Consider an annuity strategy as a source of lifetime income
HOPKINS: TAX DIVERSIFICATION
- Convert assets to a Roth IRA or Roth 401 (k) when you are near retirement or just in retirement
- Income from a Roth account is not taxed
One Investment available soon.
More information regarding WEALTHTRACK transcripts can be found here.
RETIREMENT INCOME PLANNING
Professor Jamie Hopkins is considered to be one of the leading experts on retirement income planning in the country. He was one of the creators of the curriculum for the RICP, or Retirement Income Certified Professional designation for financial advisors taught at The American College of Financial Services. How did such a young man get interested in retirement income? It started at an early age.