Archive for March, 2016
High Election Stakes
Wall Street’s long-time number one Washington analyst, Andy Laperriere explains why for the first time in his career he is predicting the stock market will plummet if certain candidates win the presidency.
MAKE SURE YOU HAVE SOME NON-CORRELATED ASSETS IN YOUR PORTFOLIO
- Can provide price appreciation & capital preservation in market declines
- Hinder performance in bull markets
- Traditional non-correlated assets:
- Gold – favored insurance policy
- iShares Gold Trust (IAU) is long-time Morningstar analyst favorite
- Treasury Inflation-Protected Securities (TIPS)
- Can be purchased directly through the U.S. Treasury on their website
- Vanguard Short-Term Inflation-Protected Securities ETF (VTIP) is a Morningstar pick
I am always amazed by the productivity of some of our guests. Independent investment consultant and Morgan Stanley Global Wealth Management’s former long-time Chief Investment Strategist, David Darst is a prime example. Darst, who travels all over the world advising clients has just written his 12th book, but this one is different from his other works. It’s a children’s book, co-authored with his very accomplished daughter, Elizabeth. I asked Darst how he finds the time to be such a prolific author.